UNITED PROMOTERS MARTIAL ARTS CIRCUIT
Shall include the events that require competitors to score points by performing a series of blocking and striking techniques simulating a fighting situation.
Ring Officials: ALL BLACK BELTS MUST BE IN UNIFORM OR HAVE U.P.M.A.C. OFFICIALS VEST OVER THEIR CLOTHING.
RINGS CAN ONLY BE STARTED BY CENTER REFEREE'S & FLOOR COORDINATOR.
1. UNIFORMS: Competitor MUST wear traditional or sport martial arts uniform. (T-Shirt will be allowed in Chinese (soft style Only)
2. RING SIZES: ( 16 x 16 for all ages 17years & Under divisions ) ( 18 x 18 for all adult divisions.)
3. ALL DIVISAIONS: Must have Five (5) Officials if possible. Minimum Three (3) Officials.
4. JUNIOR BLACK BELTS: Will NOT judge any Adult Black Belt Divisions. (Must be 14 years of age to judge.)
( May be used for all under black belt divisions) (13 years & under ONLY, One Per Ring.)
5. BROWN BELTS: Ages 14 & Up. With 3 years minimum in the Arts may judge the following divisions.
ALL (Novice - Intermediate divisions under the age of 13 years old) (ONE PER RING).
6. LOCATION OF JUDGES: 1 One side of the ring. 2 Judges on the corners. (PROMOTERS CHOICE).
7. AGES: 1. Participants MUST compete at the age they are as of January 1, 20_ _ at 12 am.
2. (Exception) The Competitor turning 18 + during the circuit season must move up and compete at the age of (18 years to 30) (31-40) (41-50) (51-up).
All of your points will remain in the division that you were in effective January 1, 2014.
8. BELT RANK: Participants must compete at the same rank in ALL divisions. (Belt Color).
9. AMOUNT OF DIVISIONS: Participants can compete in as many events as they want. A competitor cannot be disqualified if they notify the Score Keeper or the Coordinator that they are competing in another ring/event. (Turn IN YOUR CARD).
10. SEQUENCE: Luck of the Draw must be done at ringside by Coordinator/Center Judge/Judge and Competitors. (First Card Picked is First Up).
11. AVAILABILITY: When the divisions have been closed or have started (No Late Entrees Will Be Accepted).
12: TIME LIMITS: (five 5 minutes) are allowed from the time the competitor enters the ring. This applies to the following events:
Kata - Weapons - Breaking - Musical - Synchronized - Kata/Weapons.
13. RESTART: All under black belts (No Penalties or Deductions will be Given). All Black belts - Second Attempt (.10) will be deducted. Third Attempt
(No Score will Be Given). (If you drop your Weapon - Disqualification).
14. SCORING RANGE: All Divisions will be scored (9.00 - 9.99).
15. TOTAL POINTS:(ALL FIVE (5) OR THREE (3) JUDGES SCORES WILL BE TOTALED UP TO DETERMINE THE FINAL SCORE).
16. TIES: (1ST - 2ND) will redo their Kata, Winner will be determined by show of hands.
(3rd - 4th) The low score must be deducted. If still tied, Competitor must redo their Kata. The winner will be determined by a show of hands.
17. CRITERIA: The judges will evaluate the competitors performance based on the following criteria:
(1) Speed/Power (2) Control/balance (3) Coordination/Focus (4) Concentration/Stance (5) Proper Techniques (punching/kicking/blocking/striking).
18. WEAPONS INSPECTIONS: The center judge will inspect ALL weapons.
19. JUDGE REMOVAL: Judges will be removed from judging at all rated or sanctioned events for the following reasons:
1. Not watching the competitor during the performance of their Kata.
2. Knowingly favoring their students with High Scores.
3. Punishing a competitor by giving a low score for the following:
Not knowing name of Kata/Style/History/Name of Instructor/School.
20. WEAPONS BREAK: Competitor has 5 minutes to replace the weapon or use a different one. Participant may re-start without any penalty.
21. SELF DEFENSE / BREAKING / MUSICAL/ALL SYNCHRONIZED 2-3 PERSON MAX:
1. Procedure (same as forms)
2. Time Unit: (same as forms)
3. Props: Only people and weapons can be used in self defense. No sharp weapons or objects used by any attacker in all divisions.
Head Gear is Highly Recommended for all participants in self defense.
4. All breakers must clean up and remove all used materials after their individual events.
22. GRAND CHAMPION: All scores will be (9.00 - 9.99). Competitors can only do Kata divisions that they win in.
23. DISQUALIFICATION: Any competitor that is disrespectful towards another/any official/referees/judges will be disqualified.
Any family member/spectator/coaches that are disrespectful towards another competitor, Any officials/referees/staff at any u.p.m.a.c. tournament
will be removed from the event. Individuals may be subject to suspensions up to 1 year due to the severity of the incident.
SPARRING: Will be the event that requires the competitors to score points by using their hands (punching) or feet (kicking). All techniques must be
executed properly with control. *** FACE SHIELD IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IN ALL DIVISIONS AGES 17 & UNDER.***
1.COACHING: Each competitor is allowed to have one coach at ringside. Each coach may call one 10 second time out to coach their competitor
during each match. Competitor may choose their coach/Parents are allowed to coach.
2. WARNINGS: THERE IS NO WARNING AWARDED IN THE MATCHES.
3.NO CONTACT:TO THE FACE MASKED AREA in all divisions (ages 17 & under Novice - Intermediates - Advanced )
( LIGHT CONTACT TO THE HEAD GEAR AREA IS ALLOWED) ( TOP - SIDE - BACK )
4. DISQUALIFICATION: Contact made to face masked area two times (2).
5. POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR THE FOLLOWING INFRACTIONS:
1. All low kicks below the belt level. 2. Running out of bounds. ( Out of bounds is consider having a foot (one/feet - out of the ring. )
3. Face masked area. The face shield is off limits to all 17 years & under divisions.
6. SWEEP ALLOWED: ( BOOT TO BOOT ONLY) You must maintain control of your opponent at all times. Follow up hand technique will be awarded 2 POINTS.
No take downs to the floor. No kicking, or striking of the opponent when they are on the ground.
7. GROIN ATTACKS: NONE allowed.
8. DO NOT STOP FIGHTING UNTIL YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO DO SO...
9. BLOOD DRAWN OR HEAD SNAPPING DUE TO EXCESSIVE CONTACT = = = AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
10. POINTS: One (1) point for hand techniques or kicks to the body. Two (2)points for all head kicks, or boot to boot follow up technique.
11. TIME LIMITS: 2 minute running time. First competitor to eight points, or individual leading after time has expired wins the match.
All tie will be determined by the first competitor that scores a point.
( LIGHT CONTROLLED CONTACT TO FACE AREA FOR THE FOLLOWING DIVISIONS ONLY)
1. All Adults 2. All Junior Black Belts 3. All Adult Black Belt
12. LEGAL TARGET AREAS: 1. Head or face area - (Read all Above) 2. Body, above the belt area. Except the spine or the throat is not legal.
13. LEGAL TECHNIQUES: ( Must be controlled )(1) Reverse Punch (2) Back Fist (Hand must be closed) (3) Ridge Hand ( to the body or head )
(4) Chop (5) Kicks: Front, Roundhouse, Side, Hook Kick, Spin, Ax Kick.
14. ILLEGAL TARGETS / TECHNIQUES: 1. Any area below the waistline. Groin, Knees, or Hips. 2.Back of the body (Spine ) 3. Open hand to the eyes.
4. Head butting 5.elbow or knee strikes 6.Spinning back fist. (blind) 7. Front or back of the neck area. ( chopping ) 8.No Sweeps ( boot to boot only)
15. BYE'S: Bye's will start with five Players. Three competitors will do round robin.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: 1. Face shield ( highly recommended in all adults, Jr. & adult Black Belt divisions. Light face contact is allowed. 2. Soft foam headgear. 3.Gloves 4.Boots- Must cover toes. 5.Mouth Piece. 6.Groin Protector.( Mens )
MIXED PADDED WEAPONS SPARRING RULES
Winner will be determined by:First to reach (5) points or highest score at the end of 1:30 time limit.
1. RING OFFICIALS: There will be only 3 ring officials, the center referee and two corner referees
2. DRESS CODE: All competitors must be in uniform.
3. SAFETY EQUIPMENT AND PROTECTIVE GEAR: All PWS competitors must wear foam head gear including a protective face shield,clear plastic or foam wire.
Mouth guard is mandatory as well as protective cups. Other protective gear such as chest guards,shin guards, and hand gear are optional.
4. WEAPONS SPECIFICATION: All padded weapons must be referee approved. Action flex brand will be allowed.
(1) Sword Maximum 40" long. (2) Staff or bow Maximum 6 ft. long. (3) Escrima Maximum 28" long.(only one) (4) Nunchaku Maximum 30" long.
5. LEGAL SCORING / STRIKING AREA: ( 1 ONE POINT FOR ALL LEGAL STRIKES).
KEY NOTE: Points are only awarded when the competitor retracts or snaps the
weapon back at least 12" - 18" with the attacking strike.
(1) Head strike all parts ( No throat or neck attacks ) (2) Arm/Body/Hand Strike/Shoulder - all parts.
(3) Leg/Foot Strikes (4) Body all parts between the waist and neck area.
6. ILLEGAL TARGET AREAS: (1) No groin area strikes. (2) No neck or throat attacks.
7. ILLEGAL TECHNIQUES: (1) No stabbing techniques to the face or neck area. (2) No kicking / punching. (3) No takedowns/throws/grappling/holding.
8. AWARDING POINTS: The referee will stop the match to award a point, or rule a clash to the score keeper in a clear fashion by pointing
to the person to be awarded a point before continuing the match.
NO POINTS WILL BE AWARDED: Letting go of the weapon. (Two hands must be on the sword and bow staff at all times.)
9. WARNINGS: none
10. PENALTY POINTS: (1) Running out bounds. (2) Striking illegal target.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: Unsportsmanlike conduct -- towards the Competitor and judges.
Harassment from parents, instructors or coaches.
SELF DEFENSE RULES
1. SCORING: All divisions will be scored at ( 9:00 - 9:99 ). Total up all judges score.
2. TIME LIMIT: 3 min. maximum.
Competitors competing in Self Defense may be individuals with one attacker or multiple attackers.
3. PROTECTIVE GEAR: ( You must wear a head gear. )
Protective body padding may be worn by the attacker.
Competitors should be judged and scored on the following:
(4) Effective blocks against the attack. (5) Effective strikes to the vital zones. (6) Control of the attack.
(7) Effective results of the defense. (8) Focus and spirit of the defensive moves.
Youth divisions are 4 – 10 years of age and broken down into:
• 4 & 5 year olds
• 6 & 7 year olds
• 8 & 9 & 10 year olds
• There is no submission in the (10) and under age group, only points
• 0ne 3 min match winner is decided after total number of points is counted
• Height & weight will be decided by referee if no weigh in scale is on site
• (Weight classes 30-65, 66-95, 96-115 & 116 & UP)
Teenage divisions are 11 – 17 years of age and broken down into:
• 11 & 12 & 13 year olds
• 14 & 15 year olds
• 16 & 17 year olds
• There is submission in the (11) thru (17) allowed in the age group
• 0ne 3 min match winner is decided by forcing a submission or total number of points
• Height & weight will be decided by referee if no weigh in scale is on site
• (Weight classes 70-95, 96-115, 116-136, 137-146, 147-158, 160-172, 174-185, 187-198 & 200 & UP)
Adult divisions are (18-34, 35-45, 46-56, 57 & above ages, weight classes broken down into:
• (Weight classes 96-115, 116-136, 137-146, 147-158, 160-172, 174-185, 187-198 & 200 & UP)
• Weight classes will be decided by referee if no weigh in scale is on site
• Win by Forcing a tap out submission or winning by total points
• 0ne (5) min match winner is decided by forcing a submission or total number of points
Points per match:
• (2) points for clean take down, taking the opponent to the map with control full body pick up, (no hard back driving slam allowed)
• (2) points for leg sweep or leg take down
• (3) Points for passing the guard and controlling opponent or holding position for (3) seconds, may be lapel lock, shoulder/ neck choke or cross arm Gi control pull etc.
• (4) points for full mount and holding for (3) seconds
• (4) Points for taking the back and holding position for (3) sec.
• Referees Call, if arm or joint lock is established and opponent’s arm is bending to far out of position the match will be stopped and winner is called by referee, this ends the match
• Referees Call, if rear head lock chock is established and opponent’s throat or neck tightening is close to causing a black out the match will be stopped and winner is called by referee, this ends the match
Penalties per match:
• No strikes, finger pulls, knee locks, toe locks, heel locks or one had throat chokes
• No pick full body slam’s
• No rear cross arm head chokes
• No kicks of any type
• No side knee strikes
• Disqualification for strikes, kicks or causing fist fight confrontation!!